Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A challenge: shop in your pantry!

This week's meal plan is set, but here's what I plan to do for next week: shop out of my pantry and let it guide the meal plan. I hope to use up every odd can, strange jar of sauce, and frozen thing that's been there for long enough that I know I'm not going to use it otherwise.

I've pared down those items in the past few months, and donated anything I know for sure we won't be using. Here's what's left to work with:

Two jars of BBQ sauce
2/3 box of lasagne noodles
A jar of alfredo sauce
Two cans of refried beans
Block of tofu
Two packages of cream cheese
Beef broth & chicken broth
Tomato juice
Frozen salmon
Chicken burgers
Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles (meat substitute)
Honey
Pierogies

Got any good ideas for this mess? Send 'em along!

No comments: